Area Rug Cleaning Calgary – Professional Area Rug Cleaning
Regular area rug washing guarantees that all the dirt and grime is removed, therefore extending the life and beauty of your rugs. Depending on the traffic your area rugs receive, we highly recommend getting them professionally cleaned at least every 1 to 3 years. It is vital to rotate your rugs every six months, so they get an equal amount of traffic and light. That way they wear and fade less.
Our skilled area rug cleaning technicians in Calgary use the best available equipment and rug washing techniques to ensure that your area rugs stay beautiful. We treat each type of rug differently using a variety of cleaning methods and products.
Calgary Rug Cleaning – Oriental Rug Washing
No matter whether they are Persian, Pakistani, Indian, Karastan, Antique, or Hand woven Oriental, your rugs will be in the right hands at Lotus Cleaning. We can clean a multitude of different fibers (wool, cotton, silk, rayon and viscose) as we have learned the best rug cleaning methods and products.
Rug Cleaning Methods we use
At Lotus Cleaning, we clean rugs at our in-plant rug bath using soft water along with an appropriate cleaning solution. This approach provides deep cleaning of your area rugs, flushing out more dirt and contaminants than other cleaning methods such as surface cleaning using hot water extraction.
Washing rugs in plant at our facility provides you with certain advantages such as:
- Comprehensive Rug Pre-inspection
- Our technician will take the time to inspect your rug before cleaning. They will identify the fiber type (wool, silk, cotton, viscose and other specialty fibers respond differently to cleaning), test the dyes for stability, look for stains, document pre-existing damage, and any areas of concern that may cause issues during the wash.
- The pre-inspection process allows us to devise a cleaning plan for the rug. We communicate this information to the customer after this procedure is completed, but before the cleaning begins.
- Particulate Soil Removal
- Given the unique construction and fiber type for rugs available, we thoroughly vacuum both sides of the rug, followed by mechanical vibrations on the back to loosen soil and loose debris. This ensures that we remove dry soil and particulates before cleaning, allowing for the best possible outcome.
- Detailed Cleaning
- To ensure that your rug receives the best possible cleaning, we clean all three sides – the front, back and inside (or foundation) of your area rug. Cleaning in-plant gives us access to all three sides to achieve a detailed clean.
- Each rug is washed separately to reduce any risk of cross contamination. Not every rug is washed or cleaned in the same manner. We will always use the best method for cleaning your rugs.
- Thorough Rinsing
- All rugs are washed in our custom made 16’ x 20’ raised wash floor that is specifically designed with holed tiles, so all water and cleaning solutions used continuously exit the rug during the wash.
- We use a pit to immerse rugs damaged by urine, fire and floods to thoroughly deodorize and decontaminate them.
- Rugs cleaned in our facility are washed with several hundred gallons of water to achieve optimal results.
- Fringe Cleaning
- The fringes are cleaned during washing of the rug. However, fringes are shampooed by hand, groomed, and rinsed. Any stains or other issues that did not come out during the cleaning process, are treated after this process is completed.
- Complete Drying
- Upon completion of cleaning, we lay the rug flat and dry it using air movers. Our facility is also equipped with industrial dehumidifiers to ensure your rug is dry when it is not possible to use outside air for ventilation.
Rug Stain Protection
After every rug cleaning, we recommend applying a stain protection product. That way, on every rug we clean, you will have a stain barrier that resists staining and soiling. Ask us about what professional quality rug protectors are right for your rug.
Here are information resource videos to help you gain a better understanding of your rugs: